Monday, December 1, 2014
After wrapping up my previous PBR practice asset, I was given the opportunity to partake in an art test. Between the test and Thanksgiving, my time was pretty short. Now that the holiday break is over, I figured I'd start another lamp before jumping into an environment.
I spent Saturday finishing up the high poly asset, while Sunday was reserved for the low poly and UV unwrapping. The bakes turned out great, so this morning I added some details, such as the threading, in NDO. Excited to jump back into Substance Designer to start texturing the materials. This piece will have glass, wood, plastic, and a few different kinds of metal. Hopefully now that I have gotten my feet wet in SD, the texturing phase should go much quicker.