Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fisherman's Light High Poly

Since I haven't had much practice with PBR texturing, I'm going to start a series of props for learning. On top of that, this will be the perfect opportunity for me to dive into Substance Designer to create the textures. So far I have the high poly Fisherman's Light finished and the low poly nearly done. Tomorrow night I'm planning on unwrapping and performing a test bake. After that, the final texturing will be done in Substance Designer.

I started with a pretty simple asset that contains glass, rusted copper, steel, and wood. With each study, the amount of materials and complexity will go up. I'm not sure if I'll stick with lamps as the theme, but I've collected quite a few interesting references. Progress will be updated as I work on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment